The Perfect Tomato Cream Sauce for Pasta
Lately, my boys have started asking me several times, to make their favorite pasta with the tomato cream sauce.
I am more than happy to cook it for them, as this recipe is my quick and healthy dinner option. To add some more protein in this meal, I usually add chicken or Italian sausage.
This sauce when put in the freezer, can be easily reused during later days.
Let me share the recipe of this sauce:
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cook Time -15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan, place 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic in olive oil. Sauté well for around 5 mins until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Pour the heavy cream and butter. Stir to mix.
- Reduce heat, return the pot to the heat and simmer for 5 more minutes.
The sauce is ready to be added to your favorite cooked pasta.